“Happiness is not a destination it is a journey” – WIIDLO
(1) Be a good paramedic. Make sure YOU are in a safe environment mentally and physically. Step away from whatever or whoever is causing you emotional distress.
(2) Take responsibility for the emotions you feel. Remember we choose the emotions we feel. We attach our internal representation on every event in our life.
(3) Ask yourself “What am I REALLY feeling?” Notice that you can generate any emotion you choose too.
(4) Be mindful of your language. Your subconscious mind hears everything you tell yourself. Instead of referring to something as ‘impossible’ try ‘an interesting challenge.’
(5) Share your emotional experience with someone who is not judgmental, talk about it out loud with no emotions connected to it.
(6) Exercise in nature. Whether this be running or walking spend time in an entity that is greater than you or your material things.
(7) Don’t get too serious about life. Live in the now. Celebrate all of your successes no matter how big or small.